- The Village contracts with Alternative Waste Services for garbage pickup within the Village limits.
- Garbage pickup will always occur on Wednesday mornings, irrespective of any holiday schedule.
- Garbage tags can be purchased at the T-burg Shur Save, Good To Go Market, and Millspaugh's.
Tompkins County Recycling
Water Rates (effective 5/1/10)
- Village residents ("inside rate"): $34.00/$5.25 (First 1k gallons/Each additional 1k gallons, billed quarterly)
- ** Non-village residents ("outside rate"): $51.00/$7.88 (First 1k gallons/Each additional 1k gallons, billed quarterly)
- Village residents ("inside rate"): $63.75 (Flat fee billed quarterly)
- ** Non-village residents ("outside rate"): $95.62 (Flat fee billed quarterly)
Mulch or Compost
- Bushel basket: $0.50 (Picked-up only)
- 20 - 35 gallon garbage can/bag: $2.00 (Picked-up only)
- 1/2 Dump Truck Load (1.5 cu. yds.): $25.00 picked-up / $35.00 delivered
- Full Dump Truck Load (3 cu. yds.): $35.00 picked-up / $50.00 delivered
DELIVERY IS LIMITED TO VILLAGE RESIDENTS ONLY!
MULCH & COMPOST IS NOT INTENDED FOR RESALE.
Payment shall be made in advance at the Village Office (387-6501). No money shall be exchanged at the point of sale.
Delivery arrangements can be made at the Village Office — 56 E. Main St. Deliveries will be made at the DPW’s convenience; however, every attempt will be made to make
delivery within two business days.
Pick-up service will be available at 7:00 am and at 2:30 pm, and must be scheduled with the DPW at 387-5618.
Brush Pick-Up Service & Dial-A-Truck
- Curbside pick-up will be done on Monday mornings.
- All leaves, grass clippings, and twigs must be in paper bags.
- All limbs must be cut to less than five feet, tied and bundled so they can be easily handled by one person.
Large amounts of brush will require hiring of the DIAL-A-TRUCK service, available to Village residents for $25.00 per day. To reserve the DIAL-A-TRUCK, please call the DPW at 387-5618.
The Village DPW conducts seasonal leaf pick-up in the autumn using a vacuum truck. Leaf pick-up usually runs from mid-October through Thanksgiving but
is subject to weather and precipitation.
Leaves must be raked in rows between the sidewalk and curb. Leaf piles shall not extend into the street. Branches and twigs must be tied and bundled.
After Thanksgiving, leaves must be bagged.
** Some non-village residents who live in close proximity to existing water and sewer services are permitted to hook into these services at a higher rate.